Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Trey Tuesday January 25, 2011

From Psalm 86:  A prayer of King David:

Pause a moment before jumping into prayer to examine and reflect upon the spiritual posture that King David held in approaching the timeless God of the Universe!  A few translations are used here to open up the lines of communication:
"Hear, O Lord, and answer me, for I am poor and needy."  NIV
"Bow down thine ear, O LORD, hear me: for I am poor and needy."  KJV
"Please listen, LORD, and answer my prayer! I am poor and helpless."  CEV
"Bow down thine ear, O Jehovah, and answer me; For I am poor and needy."  ASV 
"Bend an ear, God; answer me. I'm one miserable wretch!"  The Message
"Incline Your ear, O LORD, and answer me;  For I am afflicted and needy." NASB

So often we speak of bowing down in prayer, or bowing our heads in prayer.  Have you ever imagined
God bowing down?!?  He wants to be so intimate with you that from His great throne in heaven He
will bow down to get closer to you to hear what is on your heart!  :0)

And then we can look at all the adjectives describing King David's current state of affairs:
...poor

...needy
...helpless
...afflicted
...one miserable wretch!
We don't need much imagination to envision these feelings, especially in light of Trey's journey!

BUT>>>>>the other part of this first verse is critical!
Yes, we want God to listen to what is on our minds and hearts, but we are also asking God to answer us - and He will!  :0)

Verses 3 and 4
"Be gracious to me,  O Lord,
For to You I cry all day long. 

Make glad the soul of Your servant,
For to You, O Lord, I lift up my soul."  NASB


"Have mercy on me, O Lord,
   for I call to you all day long.
Bring joy to your servant,
   for to you, O Lord,
   I lift up my soul."  NIV


"Be merciful unto me, O Lord: for I cry unto thee daily.
Rejoice the soul of thy servant: for unto thee, O Lord, do I lift up my soul."  KJV

Let's cry out together, lifting unto the Lord the needs and requests of Trey and Jay and Rachel and Joe and Bella:
For Trey's health - for complete healing from cancer, for increased white blood cell counts, for a speedy bone marrow harvest, for protection from illness.
For Trey's peace and protection - for him to lie down and sleep in peace, for God's peace that passes understanding.
For Jay and Rachel - for wisdom, for discernment, for strength, for patience, for peace, for sleep!  :0)
May the God of hope grant that Jay and Rachel may overflow with hope and hopefulness by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Romans 15:13
For Joe and Bella - for great health and strength for them - for their childlike innocence to allow them to be consumed in their times at school and with friends so they remain at peace and secure. 
For Joe and Bella's teachers and school and church contacts - that they may be keenly aware and observant of what Joe and Bella are going through and that God may open their hearts to be tender, as they are the face of a very caring community of support and love!

May the love and support of the many friends and family around Trey and his family strengthen them, encourage them, and touch them deeply to always know how much they are loved!  And may this be a physical reminder of how much God remembers them and loves them!

Now, let's return to that opening position with God...He IS King!  He IS everywhere!  He DOES know everything!  He HAS all power!
To Him WE bow down!

"For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God."
Psalm 86:10

 

No comments:

Post a Comment