Jesus took the suffering and the crucifixion because YOU were on His mind!
He was innocent, yet His death paid the price for our restored relationship with God!
Judas admitted Christ's innocence: "I have sinned by betraying an innocent man."
Pilate's wife knew it: "Have nothing to do with this righteous man."
Pilate answered it: "What evil has He done? I am innocent of this man's blood."
The crowd declared it: "Crucify Him. His blood be on us and on our children."
And Paul reminds us: "We were enemies...Christ shed His blood for us."
What a beautiful example Trey has to follow! Innocent, yet in the battle.
Trey is so innocent in this fight against cancer. He didn't ask for it.
He doesn't deserve it. None of us understand it.
YET! God knows it all!
The words Jesus shares with His disciples after His resurrection are the same ones
for Trey today - the promise:
"I am with you always, even to the end of the age."
And it is with full confidence that we lift Trey before God, our All-Knowing Father.
Let's claim that promise - that Jesus, Jehovah, Savior is with Trey and Jay and Rachel and Joe and Bella.
May He be with Trey:
- and his blood numbers - raising up the good and crushing the bad.
- and his time in the hospital - protecting Trey from germs and fevers.
- and his parents in each day of uncertainty.
- and his siblings in their health and sense of peace and contentment.
- and his ultimate fight against cancer.
- and his doctors and their wisdom in handling Trey's case.
- and his nurses to be gentle and attentive in his care.
- and his treatment plan to be complete and effective.
- and Team Mitlo One - to be strong on Trey's team, but ultimately on God's team!
"Mary will give birth to a Son, and you are to give Him the name Jesus,
because He will save His people from their sins."