Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Trey Tuesday - February 8, 2011

As we begin our prayer for Trey Tuesday we look into the book of Numbers, chapters 13 and 14:
"The LORD said to Moses, “Send some men to explore the land of Canaan, which I am giving to the Israelites. From each ancestral tribe send one of its leaders.” So at the LORD’s command Moses sent them out."

So far so good.  Moses was a good listener.
We thank and praise God for the testimony of Jay and Rachel and their willingness to obey God's calling on their lives - and Trey's!

"Moses explains, 'See what the land is like and whether the people who live there are strong or weak, few or many." So they went up and explored the land."


We all have a journey to make.  God has sent us out of our comfort zones and into our wildernesses.  They may be financial, they may be diseases like Trey's cancer, they may be relationship based, or they may be emotional issues.  You can be sure if God is sending you, He is with you every step of the way, and He knows your journey fully well.


Please remember to pray for Joe and Bella.  They are witnessing major changes in their lives and don't understand sometimes what happened to their "normal" life.  Thank God for the unchanging blessings of church and family and friends and school in their lives! 



"They gave Moses this account: “We went into the land to which you sent us, and it does flow with milk and honey! Here is its fruit. But the people who live there are powerful, and the cities are fortified and very large."


Oh, here we go!  The spies report that yes, there is milk and honey!  BUT>>>>the people look threatening!
Stop for a few minutes and examine in your life where God has shown you nourishing fruit and you missed it!  Where has He directed your attention and you choose to look aside in fear and worry?
Please pray for the Mitlos to focus on God's promises of protection and provision and to drive out the fear that creeps in.


"Then Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, “We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.”



This is the message of TEAM MITLO ONE!  One Faith, One Family, One Fight - we can do it!  TREY can do it!  GOD can do it!


As Trey faces round 3 of chemotherapy beginning tomorrow, please be in prayer for his strength and comfort.  This round should be more intense, with more side effects.  Please pray his little body has lots of fight in it to stay strong so thechemo can do its job!  We praise God for the beautiful, happy images of Trey on Facebook and CaringBridge!



"But the men who had gone up with him said, “We can’t attack those people; they are stronger than we are.”

Please pray for Jay and Rachel to be surrounded by God's hedge of protection in all ways.  Please pray especially for their marriage to remain as strong and connected as it is always been.  For them to continue to complement each other, being the strong chord with God that He has joined together. 

"
The LORD is with us. Do not be afraid"


A Spy's Prayer: (shared with me by a mighty prayer warrior!)
from
http://onlysometimesclever.wordpress.com/2011/01/29/a-spys-prayer/

I am Joshua.
I am Caleb.
I am a scout.
I have had my wilderness experience.
I have seen the disobedience of my fathers.
I have seen the Promised Land,
but I am not yet inhabiting it.

There are giants in the land,
but I have seen the fruit.

And the fruit:  it is worth it.
I’m in the minority, on that one:  “it is worth it.”
The majority say, “We are not able to go up against the people for they are too strong for us.”
But, if I must be a giant-killer in order to eat the fruit, then train me, Oh God!
Equip me with a sword.
Thank you for seeing to it that I am part of a fighting army, led by a Moses, a Moses who prays, “Let the power of the Lord be great, just as You have declared.  The LORD is slow to anger and abundant in lovingkindness, forgiving iniquity and transgression…
Make me brave, Oh God!
Give me courage.
Keep my eyes fixed on the prize:  On You.  On the Promised Land,
So that I may accomplish the purpose You have appointed for me.
If You are pleased with me, Oh God,
If I do not rebel against You,
If I fear neither the majority nor the giants of the land,
You will bring me into the place of promise, which does indeed flow with milk and honey!
I am Your servant, Oh God.
I know you have placed a “different spirit” in me.
Empower me to follow You fully.
Bring me into this land I have spied, and let my children take possession of it forever!
For the love of Jesus, and for His glory alone,
Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment