Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Trey Tuesday - January 10, 2012

Wait for the soap!

OK.  Open confession time.  I realized recently that my hurried, rushed, impatient lifestyle had reached an all time high!  (or is it low?)

While washing my hands the other day, I noticed that I had a made a trail of liquid soap from the dispenser to the sink, yet I had no soap on my hands!
Why?  Because I was in too much of a rush to wait for the liquid soap to drip out!  I needed to "wash" my hands and move on!
Silly example, I know, but now that I have thought about this, hand washing time takes on a whole new meaning for me.

You see, many of us live in a hurried, harried lifestyle in the physical sense.  Multi-tasking is the norm.

But what about impatience in our spiritual lives?  In our instant gratification culture, we must remember the Author and Perfecter of our faith
and recognize His power in His timing.

As we gather for Pray for Trey Tuesday, and think and pray about Jay and Rachel's conversation with the doctor last week,

do you get impatient?  Do you feel that the doctors should be doing more?  Multi-tasking Trey's treatments?
Do you feel God should be doing more?  Sure, God is capable of doing anything AND everything!
But do you trust Him enough to trust His timetable, His hands, His heart for Trey?

"I wait for the LORD, my whole being waits,
   and in His Word I put my hope.
I wait for the Lord
   more than watchmen wait for the morning,
   more than watchmen wait for the morning."
Psalm 130:5,6


So, of course, we continue to pray for Trey's complete healing!

We praise God for Trey's excellent day yesterday and outstanding blood and kidney numbers!
We ask God to give Jay and Rachel the words and the Wisdom and Strength and Peace they need!
We ask God to keep Trey healthy and strong and silly and sweet!
We ask for God's Grace and Mercy and Comfort for Joe and Bella!
We ask for accurate knowledge and wisdom for Trey's doctors and nurses!
And we ask for the presence and prayers of Team Mitlo One to continue to make a bold statement for Christ!

"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed,
   for His compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
   great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The LORD is my portion;
   therefore I will wait for Him.”
Lamentations 3:22-24

No comments:

Post a Comment