Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Trey Tuesday - April 29, 2014

Trouble down the road...

I live out in the country where we don't have local police.  The state police are our source of law enforcement.  Imagine the drama last week when not 1, but 2 police cars, with lights and sirens blaring, go flying past me at an intersection close to home!  Yes, they were flying in the direction of my home, right past the local schools!  When my traffic light turned green I proceeded behind the state police a mile or two, peering up and down each cross street and intersection looking for...you guessed it...TROUBLE!  When I couldn't find trouble down the first few streets, I waited to peek into the pizza place parking lot....no trouble there.  Where could the trouble be?  I know!  I will look for trouble at the high school!  Nope.  The middle school?  Administration building?  Nothing.  Now it is time to turn down my road toward home....each driveway I approach I prepare myself to suspiciously accuse a neighbor of causing trouble near my home...what did I find?  Peace and quiet.  All the way home to my front door...no trouble!  :)  

Looking back I then realized my journey home that day was just like life.  We spend our days/weeks/years looking and waiting and even expecting trouble.  We pass by the here and now straining to find the trouble that is not even meant for us!  Jay and Rachel fight this temptation every day in Trey's battle with cancer.

Trey has had a few scary pains lately.  Very scary for Jay and Rachel as they watch and wonder and wait.  But, true to Trey's style...he doesn't look for trouble!  :) Childhood viruses can wreak havoc on Trey's family and friends and he waltzes right through them laughing and playing and eating and dancing a few hours later!  :)  

Please pray for Trey to continue to be "healthy" and strong!  :)
And for continued great scans for Trey!  :)
Please also pray for Team Mitlo One to experience God's joy and peace in living t-o-d-a-y!  :)

"Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever."  Psalm 106:1
"
This is the day the LORD has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it."  Psalm 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment