Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

"Trey Tuesday" - December 9, 2014

Crybaby

I've been spending some time reading a book in the Bible called Lamentations.  Lamentations means expressions of sorrow.  In the Bible, the people are lamenting following the destruction of Jerusalem. One Bible study tool explains that the people are expressing an "overwhelming sense of loss."
I can relate.  I am no stranger to tears expressing our overwhelming loss of Trey.

Cooking dinner the other night, however, I was shocked at a scientific discovery!  I was chopping onions and WOW! the onion tears started!  and continued!  and BURNED!  Onion tears pouring out unwarranted, burned my eyes before, during and after the chopping!  As I was pacing around the house, getting away from the cutting board fumes, I realized a phenomena!  Onion tears hurt very, very bad, but my tears of lamentation don't!  My tears for Trey actually feel good!  :)

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

"Arise, cry out in the night, as the watches of the night begin; pour out your heart like water in the presence of the Lord."  Lamentations 2:19

No comments:

Post a Comment