Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

"Trey Tuesday" - January 6, 2015

The Not So Happy New Year....

Just being honest here.

On New Year's Eve one of Trey's cousins brought up a very good point: "I don't want it to be 2015, because then that will mean that Trey died last year."  I could relate.  The day that Trey passed away I was up well past midnight.  At 12 o'somethingorother I got angry.  I realized that Trey had died yesterday...already a "day" had passed since we lost him.  And now, once again, we glide right into a new year, ignoring the statistics and significance of 11-5-2014. Trey's cousin's heart has it right.

You see, some of the unsung heroes in the life of Trey, Trey's cousins, have only begun to scratch the surface of grieving the loss of Trey.  They loved Trey....I mean they LOVED Trey - up close and personal!!!  What a joy to watch them (as many of the 12 that were available), reunite at each gathering...hugging, laughing, playing....The Mitlo cousins are always up for a get together - birthdays, holidays, school days, no school days, summer, winter, etc!  And with Trey in the mix there was always the chance of a zealous name calling loud and clear across the room:  MICHAEL! NATALIE! HUNTER! LYDIA! MIA! TYLER! JOEY! MATTHEW!  Maggie, sweet Maggie, always received a gentle pretend phone call on an ipad app!  :)

And so, ready or not, it IS a new year.
Trey is healed - but the cousins need healing.

Will you please pray for Trey's cousins this week?
And the cousins' cousins - Joe and Bella - too!  :)

"Heal me, LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for You are the one I praise."  Jeremiah 17:4

"
I will bring to it health and healing, and I will heal them; and I will reveal to them an abundance of peace and truth."  Jeremiah 33:6


No comments:

Post a Comment