Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

"Trey Tuesday" - October 6, 2015

Final Greetings

Last words or last impressions etch an enduring impact on to our hearts and in to our minds.  I think Trey's last word to me (not that we knew that it was going to be his last word) was, "No!"  (That was a very common vocabulary word for Trey!)  :)  I think it had to do with me asking him if I could give him another kiss or hug at bedtime.  I gave him one anyway!  :)

Graduation, moving, leaving vacation, selling a long time favorite car - each of these momentous occasions holds lasting memories of the final moments.  Suppose Trey (or any of our loved ones) knew they had one final salutation to give.  What do you think they would say?  "Spend more hours at work?"  "Wash the car again?"  "Straighten the pillows on the sofa one more time?"  "Buy more clothes?"  I think not.

Let's look to Paul as he gives the Thessalonians their final greeting and consider this as our bedtime blessing tonight:  "Now may the God of peace Himself give you peace at all times and in every way.  The Lord be with you all."  2 Thessalonians 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment