Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

"Trey Tuesday" - December 8, 2015

The Gift of Jury Duty

Yes, you read that right - I appreciate the gift I received at jury duty yesterday.
Long, wonderful story short, God gave me the gift of Himself yesterday.  I encountered extraordinarily heavy traffic as I drove the 20 miles to jury duty, arriving with moments to spare.  Not sure which entrance to use, I logically followed the woman in front of me who was also holding a jury summons card.  After a very few minutes of small talk, the woman and I discovered that we not only live 2 miles apart, but share our faith, doctors, acquaintances and places of work!  We instantly bonded, journeying through the jury selection process together!  (Neither one of us was chosen, though.)

Will she become a new friend now that life is back to "normal?"  Will we visit and have coffee together?  I'm not sure.  (She's a very busy mom of young children.) However, I view this unusual circumstance as directly orchestrated by God to set us both at ease and encourage us (and amuse us!) in an otherwise stressful situation - a gift we found in the justice system one day.

As I continue to read the comments and experiences that the friends of Team Mitlo One share, I consider you all as gifts.  We may never have a conversation or a cup of coffee together, but I treasure the bond that God has built through the life of our sweet treasure, Trey.

"I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.  It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart...And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowledge and all discernment, so that you may approve what is excellent, and so be pure and blameless for the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ, to the glory and praise of God."  Philippians 1:3-11

No comments:

Post a Comment