Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

"Trey Tuesday" - April 5, 2016

Branded

Are you a brand snob?  Let's check!
iPhone or Droid?
Starbucks or Dunkin?
Qtips or store brand?

It seems like the advertising and marketing worlds have learned exactly how to brand something, so much so that we don't even actively process what we are thinking about when we see certain images!

Take the pineapple.
My mom (Trey's sweet Grandma) just told me that Trey used to love when she bought a fresh pineapple.  He would beg and plead with her to cut (and serve!) the pineapple, regardless of the degree of ripeness.  My mom bought a pineapple yesterday.  She said that (more!) memories of Trey are now flooding her kitchen as she awaits the (appropriate!) day of cutting.  Images of Trey seem more vivid, simply because of that silly piece of fruit!

My walk through the produce aisle will never be the same.....

"Thus says The Lord:  'I will not forget you!
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands"
Isaiah 49:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment