Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

"Trey Tuesday" - November 8, 2016! :)

Hilarious!

So.....today is Election Day!  Finally!  The day we have all been dreading/looking forward to/looking forward to being over!
Today's date was also the date of the first day of our precious Trey's viewing, a day of sharing our heartbreaking loss with family and friends.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand today is my birthday!  :)

What a roller coaster of emotions all surrounding November 8.  I used to treasure that date.  As a child I would beam with pride when election day fell on November 8.  Everywhere people drove, they passed by signs that had MY birthday printed on them!  :)
As the calendar years flew by, I gave that "thrill" up.  I still enjoyed celebrating my birthday, though!  :)
And then came the BIG decade birthday years.  Yep!  Still enjoying my party!  :)
Birthday 2014 - the loss of Trey just days before....acknowledging that his viewing will begin on my birthday.  Believe it or not, it was a precious gift to/from Trey.  I "got" to share my birthday with Trey!  We gave each other that gift that day.

God asks us to be givers....cheerful givers!  :)
This Election Day, November 8, 2016, I put my trust and joy in the Lord.
I give my birthday - and every day - to God as a hilariously cheerful giver!  :)
Will you join me in my party?

"God loves a cheerful giver." 2 Corinthians 9:7

No comments:

Post a Comment