Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, March 21, 2017

"Trey Tuesday" - March 21, 2017

Na-Na-Na-Na-Na!

You can't catch me!  Can you hear it!?  Can you hear the playground taunting!?
Oh, does that sing-songy chant bring back the memories of countless games of Tag!  Or Hide and Seek!

Adult life isn't that much fun.  We battle the taunts and jeers of enemies and thieves trying to steal our joy, our peace, our patience, and our goals.  Sometimes we just want to hang out safely on base!  :)

The other night I couldn't sleep.  I couldn't stop thinking and worrying and worrying and thinking.  I'm a worrier.  And a thinker.  Bad combination at 2:00a.m.  I finally cried out to God,  "Turn your ear to listen to me; rescue me quickly. Be my rock of protection, a fortress where I will be safe." Psalm 31:2  I wanted to crawl up under God's Mighty protection!  And then....I remembered Trey....I imagined him nestled in the nooks and crannies of God's protection, like a HUGE game of Hide and Seek.  Despite the chaos in and around him, Trey was hidden safely in God's rock solid arms.  "But the LORD is my fortress; my God is the mighty rock where I hide."  Psalm 94:22

As you settle in to bed tonight, or face the day tomorrow, I'll be praying for you:  "God, be my friend's rock of safety where he/she can always hide."
from Psalm 71:3

No comments:

Post a Comment