Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

"Trey Tuesday" - May 9, 2017

I Love My Toothbrush!

What a sweet way to start my day - with its gentle bristles and the minty fresh toothpaste. Throughout the day I revisit it and it takes good care of me. But sometimes after a bowl of popcorn or an order of ribs, a gentle encounter with my toothbrush isn't enough to fix my problem.  I have to work a little harder. I may even have to call in some reinforcing floss!  But, oh, what a relief it is when I am set free!

Trey was a sweetheart!  :) Aaaaaand Trey was a stinker!  :)  God used Jay and Rachel to help Trey learn and grow every day of his life....most of the times with a gentle "brushing."  But even Trey needed to be corrected, and be told that he shouldn't sigh out loud while a General in the Army was speaking!  (And they told Trey that riiiiiiiiiiight after we all stopped giggling!)  :)

You know, my toothbrush reminds me of a teeny tiny portion of the strength of God in my life. You see, God refreshes me in the morning, He encourages me throughout my day. Sometimes/often! God needs to get firm with me!  He digs in a little deeper, getting in the tight areas....but once He has worked the sinful attitudes and habits out of me, I am set free!
Isn't it time for you to "brush your teeth!?!?"  :)

"Answer me when I call, O God of my righteousness! You have given me relief when I was in distress. Be gracious to me and hear my prayer!"  Psalm 4:1

No comments:

Post a Comment