Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

"Trey Tuesday" - June 27, 2017

Biker Down

I was on my way home the other day and I noticed something unusual on the side of the road.  A motorcycle was on its side and the driver was lying right beside it.
It didn't look like a medical emergency, so I, like dozens of others, drove right on past.

Not the bikers behind me, though.  They knew their "friend" needed them. They calmly did a u-turn and drove to meet the needs of the other biker.  There was no hesitation.  No rubbernecking.  No questions asked.  Just loyalty and unity.

Many of us came together to pray for Baby Trey.  It's easy to love on and support a child with a huge diagnosis.  How do you do when it's an older person?  With a not-so-huge/maybe-even-annoying need?  Let's be like those bikers and be an unspoken loyal team - believers supporting one another on the journey, fueled by love, extravagant with grace and mercy, encouraging each other in prayer.

“Jesus prayed, 'My prayer is not for My disciples alone. I pray also for those who will believe in Me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as You are in Me and I am in You."  John 17:20,21

No comments:

Post a Comment