Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

"Trey Tuesday" - October 17, 2017

You Too?

There is a lot of hurt in the world today.  A  lot of painful experiences and a lot of painful judgments.  Human nature causes a fight or flight instinct in us.  BUT>>>>Good News!  Jesus Christ offers us Super Natural power to rise above the norm!  :)

I've had opportunities to minister to people from around the world.  One group in particular was a group of women from Africa.  They didn't even speak English, yet I was to help meet their needs?!?  What could I do?  Panic?  Fear?  Dread?  Yep!  Of course, all my human instincts came to the top first.  Then...I asked God for His perspective.  My eyes cleared.  What did I then see?  Women.  Mothers.  Moms - like me - who wanted to provide for and nurture their children.  We had so much in common, the differences faded away!

Trey had cancer.  Yucky, nasty cancer.  However, cancer didn't define Trey.  Trey was a typical charming, sweet, lovable, adorable little boy!  Just like your son/grandson/nephew/neighbor/friend/etc.

Next time you are tempted to judge, take a deep breath and find something in common with your competitor.  Put on the lens of love.  Ask God for His point of view.

"All of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind."  I Peter 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment