Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, July 3, 2018

"Trey Tuesday" - July 3, 2018

In the Weeds

Ever feel like you are lost in the weeds?  Tangled and stranded in the web of overgrowth and briars?  Whether it's work or family or friends or health, we all feel lost in the weeds from time to time.  What is God doing when we're stuck there? 

I learned a lesson in the weeds this week.  This is one of my favorite seasons: my black raspberries are ripening daily!  I prepare for this in the springtime, trimming and supporting stalks, keeping the plants off the ground and off each other.  I also spend hours weeding so my precious berries can receive the most sunshine and rain.  I want the best for them!

Until this year.  I was out picking berries when I ventured over to a new berry patch I had started last year.  It is small.  I didn't get around to weeding and "helping" this row of plants.  The stalks are hidden amongst the tall, wild weeds.  The plants look lost and forgotten.  And then I saw the berries!!!  The biggest, darkest, juiciest berries were nestled safely in the thicket!  They were warmed by the sun, but not dried out.  They were protected from the hungry birds and the deer.  There in the weeds, they were thriving!  They were growing stronger than the others!

Ever feel like you are lost in the weeds?  Tangled and stranded in the web of overgrowth and briars?  That may be right where God is growing you!  Right where He needs you to be for you to shine for Him!

"Each person should remain in the situation they were in when God called them."  I Corinthians 7:20

No comments:

Post a Comment