Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, August 7, 2018

"Trey Tuesday" - August 7, 2018

Microwave Reflections

Do you appreciate your microwave?  I sure do!  LOL!  But not in the way you would expect.

Our microwave is built in to our upper kitchen cabinets, so it is at eye level.
I did a lot of my parenting via Microwave Reflections!  :)  I could literally see what was going on behind my back by peeking at the microwave.  Strategically positioned in the next room, I could even maneuver an angle to actually observe, "who started it!"  :)

What does this have to do with Trey?  Plenty!  :)  Because Trey was taken from us at an early age, all that we can do is reflect and remember.  We reflect on the good times, the scary times, the sad times, and we know that God had - and has - everything under control.

But what about the time we have with our other loved ones?  Do we rush through our days so fast that all we can do each evening is crash in bed?  Is our budget so tight each month that all we do is dread the future instead of planning new ways to avoid the same patterns?  And when do we celebrate allllllll that God has provided for each one of us!?

In the Old Testament, the Israelites built an Ebenezer:  a wall of remembrance.  They didn't have microwaves!  :)  "Thus far the LORD has helped us."  I Samuel 7:12

No comments:

Post a Comment