Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, March 5, 2019

"Trey Tuesday" - March 5, 2019

I Love Me!

I taught Trey a cute little song:
Oh, how I love Jesus - because He first loved me!
Trey, being Trey, added a plot twist to the song:Oh, how I love Jesus - because I LOVE ME! (shouted and giggled!)

This is cute coming from a charming little boy.  We expect and accept children wanting what they want, when they want it.  How does it sound (and feel) when a grown adult shouts, "I LOVE ME!"  Not quite so cute, huh?

But what about those times when we feeeeeel that selfish sense of entitlement?
"I deserve this....I earned my status....I don't want to be bothered.....Why can't someone else take care of that?"  We may not be shouting it, but those closest to us are hearing us say loud and clear, "I love me!"

What are your actions saying?  How do you spend your time?  What goes through your mind and heart at work?  at home?  on the internet?  at the store?  on the field?

"I love me"  Or "I love you"?

"value others above yourselves" 
"have the same mindset as Christ Jesus" 
"He humbled Himself"
Philippians 2

No comments:

Post a Comment