Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, June 18, 2019

"Trey Tuesday" - June 18, 2019

Caught Off Guard

I was soooooo excited for Father's Day this year!  My daughter and her husband just had a baby, so this was a first Father's Day for my son-in law!  And it was also a special day for my husband, the new Pop Pop!  Dinner plans and gifts and cards were all in place.  Until.....

A woman at church on Sunday morning asked me if I was going to see my Dad for Father's Day.  My world stopped spinning for a minute.  MY dad?  I was so excited for my husband and son-in-law, I didn't have a place in my mind for not seeing my dad for Father's Day!!!  You see, my dad passed away 2 years ago.  After a quick moment of awkward silence, my well wisher offered sweet condolences for my loss.  In my heart I then took a precious stolen moment of savoring sweet memories of my dad and honoring his fun and wacky ways!

Jay asked me a question today about a Trey memory.  It was breathtaking at first to receive a text with Trey's name in it....but then it was a sweet walk down Memory Lane!  Don't be afraid to mention the name of a loved ones who has passed away.  Ask a question.  Share a memory.  You are blessing those who grieve with the love of Jesus.

"Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."  Galatians 6:2

No comments:

Post a Comment