Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

"Trey Tuesday" - August 4, 2020

Speak Lord

There are countless memes and tweets and posts and podcasts joking about all that has happened this year.  The year 2020 seeeeeeemed to be such a nice round number, but we have now associated it with trauma, drama, and much emotion.

Have you had enough?  Are you listening?  

I don't have any answers for you.  Hey - I don't even know what the questions are!  But I do know the Author and Perfecter of our faith.  The Creator of our very life.  The Manager of the wind, the waves, the grains of sand, and the number of hairs on my head!  He also knows the innermost struggles, thoughts, and hopes of my heart.  And I rest in Him.  Unchanging, everlasting, eternal Jesus - the same yesterday, today, and forever. (Hebrews 13:8)

Can you stop looking for answers everywhere else for a moment?  Can you cease striving?  Take a deeeeeeeep breath and listen for the voice of the Lord in the midst of the storms.

"'Speak, LORD, for Your servant is listening."  I Samuel 3:9

No comments:

Post a Comment