Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Trey Tuesday - July 26, 2011

Ready...Set...Go!

In backyard races of days gone by, it all seemed so simple!  Someone got to yell to the line up of racers:
Ready....
Set...
Go!
In just a matter of seconds the silent apprehension turned to screams and shouts of cheering friends on!

But sometimes the stakes are higher:
Race horses lined up to bolt out of the starting gate...
Race car drivers revving their engines...
Olympic athletes putting decades of practice on the line....

And yet waiting for the signal to "Go!" has never seemed so near and dear to our hearts as when Jay and Rachel
await the next step in Trey's treatment plan.  They are in good company, though!  The Bible is filled with accounts of
faithful servants waiting on God - despite the circumstances. 

As Jacob:
“I look for Your deliverance, O LORD
"
Genesis 49:18

As David:
But now, Lord, what do I look for?
   My hope is in You.
"
Psalm 39:7

As Isaiah:
"
I will wait for the LORD,
   Who is hiding His face from the house of Jacob.
I will put my trust in Him."

Isaiah 8:17
As Micah:
"But as for me, I watch in hope for the LORD,
   I wait for God my Savior;
   my God will hear me."
Micah 7:7
And as Jesus told the disciples:
"On one occasion, while He was eating with them,
He gave them this command:
"Do not leave Jerusalem, but wait for the gift my Father promised, which you have heard Me speak about."
Acts 1:4


Thank you again and again for joining us in prayer for Trey!
This Trey Tuesday please hold Jay and Rachel close in prayer as they wait for the phone call, the discussion regarding surgery for Trey.
Please pray for continued amazing "health" for Trey!
Please remember to thank God for His sustaining wisdom and grace for Trey's team of doctors and nurses!
Please also pray for continued fun family times for Joe and Bella!
And as always, let's continue to pray for complete healing for Trey!  :)

And as we each run our race:
"Jesus replied, “You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.”"
John 13:7


No comments:

Post a Comment