Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Trey Tuesday - November 8, 2011

I am sorry I was not able to send a Trey Tuesday last week.  (Thank you, Marcie, for standing in the gap for me!)  :)  Our October winter storm left us without power for a week!  (Thank GOD for His provision of a generator!)  As we relied on the sparse use of power in our home I could not help but see the hand of God working through the darkness.  What a tremendous lesson in raising our awareness on relying on power! 

"God's power is made perfect in weakness.' 
God's power NEVER goes out!  PRAISE THE LORD!   No wind, no storm, no cancer can stand against it!
And His power is made perfect/complete/shines brightly in...weakness!  When we throw up our hands, our relationships, our agendas, our phones and surrender, God can finally move in!

"Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
As you gather 'round the Thanksgiving table this year will you remember to boast and thank God for your weaknesses?
This verse does not give you license to sit at the polls today and ask every passerby to sit a while and listen to your laundry list of weaknesses.
No politician can cure what ails you!
No, let's keep it between our loved ones and God.  Why?  So that Christ's power may rest on us!
THAT'S a change worth voting for!

"That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.
For when I am weak, then I am strong."
2 Corinthians 12:9-10

Hmmm...Jay and Rachel and Trey and Bella and Joe....have they experienced any of these lately?
weakness?
hardship?
persecution?
difficulties?
Wow!  (And to imagine Paul in this letter to the Corinthians tells us he delighted in those experiences!)

As the Mitlos have shown us, and as Team Mitlo One has supported them, when Trey and his family have shared their weakness, the Power of Christ through the Body of Christ has strengthened more than just a Young Warrior!  You can almost imagine Trey roaming around the hospital this week during his chemo, encountering everyone from the nurses to innocent strangers on the elevator.  I KNOW in Trey's very walk and talk and squeals of laughter, he is boasting about his weakness and Christ's power is resting upon Trey and everyone around him!

Please continue to pray for Trey to boast, to delight and to be healed of cancer!
When you count your blessings this Thanksgiving, consider Trey.  What would Trey be thankful for?  :)

"Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But He said to me,
'My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9


No comments:

Post a Comment