Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Trey Tuesday - October 2, 2012

WWTD?
 
Yesterday was a long day.
- waiting for the results of Trey's CT scan
- wondering how one doctor's words could have such an impact
- worrying about Jay and Rachel and Joe and Bella and Trey and all that could happen next.
Yes, yesterday was a very long day.
 
And I should know.  I welcomed the day at 12:00:01a.m. with an inability to fall asleep.  Plenty of opportunity to
worry/pray for Trey.  Sometime after 1:00a.m. I fell asleep.  5:15a.m. wake up time came very quickly!
What to do today?  Hmmm...I know....worry and pray some more!
But I know myself better than that, so into the Word I went!  :)
 
My devotional yesterday focused on I Corinthians 16:13:
"Be on guard. Stand firm in the faith. Be courageous. Be strong."
You see, worry had no place and I could no longer give it time.
I needed to be courageous and strong....dot dot dot....like Trey!
Trey knowing full well what he was going to be going through yesterday, faced it like a soldier!
He trusted his parents, his doctors, his nurses.  He was courageous and he was strong because of where he placed his trust.
gulp.
And, once again, the Young Warrior teaches me a lesson!  :)
 
Please wholeheartedly praise the Lord with us this Trey Tuesday for God's mercies in Trey's stable CT scan!
And thank Him that yes, in Christ we can be on guard!  Yes, we can stand firm in the faith!  Yes, we can be courageous!
And yes, we need to be strong!  Like Trey!  Like Jesus!
 
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment