Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Trey Tuesday - August 12, 2014

Ready...Set....

Camp Cathy 2014 has already come and gone!  Our family certainly enjoyed our "Throwback Week!"  Having Joe and Bella with us while Trey was receiving his treatment was a throwback into the days of Polly Pocket, Disney channel, fruit snacks and living life through the eyes of children!  :)  This glorious time began when we met Rachel and Trey at a hotel near Philadelphia after their turnpike trip across the state.  An evening of hotel elevator antics, restaurant dinner, hotel pool (complete with a rousing game of Fish, Fish, Shark - think Duck, Duck, Goose) and bedtime story telling left this aunt feeling blessed beyond belief!

As I settled into bed that night, I thought about my Bible app verse of the day:
"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things."  Colossians 3:2
Wait, what?  Don't set my mind on these earthly things like sweet and treasured memories with my niece and nephews (and A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. sister-in-law!)?!?!?  I took my concern to the Lord and He met me there.  Yes, cherish these times, but also yes indeed, "Set my mind on Things above."  Set my mind on Him who gave me these treasures!  Set my mind on the Joy God alone can promise!  Set my mind on His everlasting, absolute Truths!

Camp Cathy wasn't 100% perfect, and for the missing 0.00009999%, God was still good, faithful, loving and trustworthy!  (And probably teaching me more than in the good times!)  Even Trey, equipped with a catheter, infused with a high dose of radiation, confined to a bed for 5 days, unable to snuggle with his mommy, found joy above his circumstances and shared that joy with all his "girlfriend" nurses!  :)

This Trey Tuesday, let's lift our Young Warrior high as we entrust Him to God's plan again and again!  Please pray for him this week as he recovers from his radiation treatment - for a return to his robust eating, regained strength and health.  Please also pray for a return to "normal" at the Mitlo house, and rest and recovery for all of them!

Ready...Set...Go!
"Those who live according to the flesh have their minds set on what the flesh desires; but those who live in accordance with the Spirit have their minds set on what the Spirit desires."  Romans 8:5

No comments:

Post a Comment