Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Trey Tuesday - September 23, 2014

But I just want to know the answer!

Many (MANY!) years ago, I would commit the foolish act of asking my dad for help with my math homework.  Think early elementary, pre-common core basic subtraction.  My dad, an engineer, would take the opportunity to TRY to enlighten me with everything there is to know about math.  "You see," he would say, "what actually is a number?"  My head would fall to the table, tears would flow and I would whine, "But I just want to know the answer!!!!!"  I wasn't interested in the process or the lesson, I wanted the answer, the product.

Have I grown and matured over the years?  Hmmmm....let's take a peek at my prayer life. 
"God, please give me this or that or don't give me that or this."
God takes a deep breath and loves me as He refines me through the process of shaping my spirit and my will, instead of giving me what I want upfront.
God's way IS the right way!  :)

At least I am in good company.  We all have lessons to learn:
God is asking Moses to step up in leadership.  Moses is not really sure how all the details are going to work out...How will he lead?  How will he know what to do?  Where is he leading?  And who is going with him?  How will he know he has done what God has asked him to do? 


"Moses said to the Lord, 'If You are pleased with me, teach me Your ways so I may know You and continue to find favor with You.”
The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”  Exodus 33:13,14 

Not exactly the "answer" Moses was looking for, but yet an iron clad promise that God's Presence would go with Him.

And so, this Trey Tuesday, we face the same situation:  Yes God, please heal Trey.  That's the answer we want!  :)  And in the meantime while we wait, we will lean on Your promise:  "My Presence will go with Trey, and I will give him rest."  As Trey has follow up testing this week from his treatment, please pray for Trey and Jay and Rachel to know and sense God's presence and His rest as they undergo days of testing and waiting.  And please pray for God's power to reveal excellent test results!   

"The LORD Himself goes before you and will be with you"  Deuteronomy 31:8

No comments:

Post a Comment