Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Trey Tuesday - September 30, 2014

Update from Jay and Rachel today:

I wanted to fill you all in on what's going on. I talked with Trey's doctor yesterday afternoon and he had spoken with the doctor in Philly. They do NOT want to do a third round of the radiation therapy on Trey. Even though some of his scans had positive results, the MIBG scan being slightly worse, means that the radiation therapy is done working for Trey. On one hand, we didn't love putting Trey through that ordeal in the first place. However, on the other hand, now we're back to square one. There is no available treatment right now for Trey...again!! This is a scary place to be.

As Jay and I were talking about it last night, we DO have faith that if God is going to heal Trey on this earth, there doesn't have to be a certain medicine lined up right now. We are walking by faith, certainly not by sight...no matter what may happen.

So, let's not lose our focus, but continue to pray!
"Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation;
he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God;
he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, O people;
pour out your hearts to him,
for God is our refuge." ~Psalm 62:5-8


From Cathy:
Please hold this precious family close in your prayers!  I am amazed at the resiliency of Jay and Rachel (and Trey!) time and time and time again and again and again!

I had the blessing of playing about 30+ rounds of Hot Potato with Trey this weekend at our family reunion!  Each time around, Trey waited and hoped and watched and hoped for his chance to catch the ball! :)  May we all possess this hope, this spirit of sheer, pure, positive expectation as we pray for Trey to be healed!
"You will be secure, because there is hope"  Job 11:18

No comments:

Post a Comment