Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

"Trey Tuesday" - April 7, 2015

Peace Be With You

While the disciples were still trying to believe what had happened to Jesus' risen body, Jesus appeared to them and said, “Peace be with you.”  John 20:21   Peace?!?  I am certain the disciples were still coming to grips with Jesus' death and were now realizing the fulfillment of the prophecy of His resurrection!  They must have been in shock with such huge news!  Easter Sunday is a joyous, peace-filled occasion for us today because God in His Word has shown us how the story ends!  :)

Shocking news of many varieties comes to our family and friends daily.  Jesus doesn't take the news away, and He is not shocked, but He is ready and waiting in the news.  What is His response?  "Peace be with you."  Peace isn't a natural response at such shocking times, but remember, Jesus is Supernatural!  :)  Only with Jesus can we have His Supernatural Peace. 

We were all shocked with the news of Trey's death....5 months ago!  Jesus was not shocked.  He was/is ready and waiting in the news.  What is His response?
"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid."  John 14:27 

My peace I give you"

No comments:

Post a Comment