Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

"Trey Tuesday" - September 13, 2016

My Cup Runneth Over
Another Pittsburgh weekend leaves me with a full tank of sweet memories!  :)


Yes, my cup runneth over.  But let's take a look at that concept and that verse:
"You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows."  Psalm 23:5
Where does all that oil come from that fills my cup to overflowing?
Olive oil is produced from olives being crushed.
Wine is made from smashed grapes.
And coffee beans must be ground in order to make the delicious brew.
It is in the crushing, the sacrificial peril, that God provides an abundance of blessing.

Trey is missing from our family photos now.  It hurts all the time.  God, however, is able to use the memories of Trey's short life to remind us to treasure each other, despite the painful cost of loving so deeply.
Many of my dear friends are fighting excruciating battles tonight.  Battles that are crushing them.  You are being crushed in one way or another, too.  Please trust that one day, some day, God will take that pain and fill your cup to overflowing!

"The Lord is my Shepherd, I lack nothing."  Psalm 23:1

No comments:

Post a Comment