Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, September 6, 2016

"Trey Tuesday" - September 6, 2016

Rest

Our long awaited trip to the beach was finally arriving....so was Hurricane Hermine!  Ugh!  Our vacation, our time of rest and relaxation was going to be ruined!
Did you ever feel like that?  Recognition long overdue at work....an improved health report....your car to pass inspection one more time please oh please oh please...etc.
The ever elusive carrot of "rest" dangles in front of you, juuuuuuuuuuuuuuuust out of reach.

Jay and Rachel have great faith in trusting God's plan for Trey's short life.  They "rest" in God's promises.
Early on the morning of our beach trip the daily Bible verse on my app read:
"Jesus said, 'Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."  Matthew 11:28
Jesus didn't promise me sunny skies and warm temperatures this weekend.  He didn't promise good fishing or long naps.
HE promised to be my refuge, my refreshment....my rest.
Accept no substitutes - God, as Rest, is enough for you today....



No comments:

Post a Comment