Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

"Trey Tuesday" - August 29, 2017

Flood Victims

Our heads and hearts are heavy with grief for the flood victims of Texas.  Their fear and loss are unimaginable!

Most of us have never experienced a physical flood like Hurricane Harvey has produced, but we all have suffered similar feelings in life:
- the flood of mourning
- the flood of stress
- the flood of illness/diagnosis
- the flood of un/underemployment
- the flood of fear
- the flood of loneliness
- the flood of exhaustion
- the flood of unworthiness
- the flood of betrayal

Maybe your life hasn't been filled with huge tragedies like floods or storms, but you live with a constant drizzle, chronic cloudiness, or perpetual fog.  They can be just as devastating!

How did Jay and Rachel weather the journey of Trey's diagnosis?
With faith in something bigger, stronger, and more stable than the doctors or any present circumstance!

Right now - right where you are - read over Psalm 18.  Read it.  Pray it.
Believe it!

"I love you, Lord, my Strength.
  The Lord is my Rock, my Fortress and my Deliverer;
my God is my Rock, in Whom I take refuge,
my Shield and the Horn of my Salvation, my Stronghold."
Psalm 18:1,2

No comments:

Post a Comment