Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

"Trey Tuesday" - February 13, 2018

Out of Control!

I was praying for our adult children the other day and I was reminding myself that their lives are out of my control now.  And then I was thinking about friends of mine who just had a baby.  "Wow!" I thought, "They can't control their child either!"
Aaaaaaand then I thought about myself...yep...I am out of my control!

This winter we have learned that we can't control (or predict!) weather.  Time marches on, ready or not!  And you only need to watch the news - or gas prices - for a minute to learn that we can't control the value of money.

Long ago, I memorized Psalm 46:10:  "Be still, and know that the Lord is God."   
Here is Psalm 46:10 in another version of the Bible:  “Cease striving and know that the Lord is God". 
I'll forever be striving to live out that verse.

No comments:

Post a Comment