Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, May 1, 2018

"Trey Tuesday" - May 1, 2018

Baby Birds
We have a finch nest built in our front door wreath.  The birds carefully crafted the nest, laid the eggs, and then patiently sat and waited.

Well, the baby birds are born!  :)  I see their little fuzzy heads and yellow beaks begging for food whenever Daddy or Mommy visit......which.....isn't often!  Well, it isn't often enough for me!  Most of the day the nest sits unattended.  (by the parent birds)  I, however, pace and peek, making sure the babies are OK.  I worry, too.  Yes, the parents bring food many times throughout the day, but shouldn't the parents be protecting the babies?  Keeping them warm?  Sheltering them from predators?  (shielding them from the crazed homeowner taking endless pictures?!)  :)
Somehow, without my help, the baby finches are juuuuuuuuuuuuust fine.  The parents are doing what God created them to do.  I don't need to worry.  Or watch.  Or wait.  I just need to trust God's design.
I watched a video of Trey today.  Silly, resilient, strong Trey, stricken with cancer.  I watched.  I worried.  I laughed.  I cried.  Trey was just doing what God created him to do.  I just need to trust God's design.
Take today's verse to heart in your life.  And in the lives God brings to your front door!  <3

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?"  Matthew 6:26

No comments:

Post a Comment