Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, June 19, 2018

"Trey Tuesday" - June 19, 2018

The Grid

Is On the Grid the opposite of Off the Grid?!  If so, then how did we all suddenly land ON the grid?!  Why do we now have to choose to go OFF the grid?  Orrrrrr get thrown off the grid?
Last night a wild rain storm blew past our house, knocking our power out for 6 hours.  A dying cell phone battery coupled with no electricity landed me....off the grid.  I tried some mundane what-can-I-do-on-my-laptop-without-wifi coping activities, yet God kept calling me away to the intimate and wonderful, "Come with Me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."  Mark 6:31 It was in His Word, and in prayer that I could take a deep breath, have a "conversation" with God, and realllllly wait for and listen to His reply.  That precious time carried me throughout my evening, my night, and many times throughout my day today! 

Power outages can get us off the grid.  So can camping. And air travel.  And so can sickness and trials. While God has you there, go ahead. Turn off. Tune out. And listen to Him carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment