Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, September 18, 2018

"Trey Tuesday" - September 18, 2018

Universal Need

Companion - Friend - Buddy - Confidant - BFF...Whatever you call one, we all need one....or a few...or many!  Being in a relationship is a universal need.  We need that special someone to laugh with, cry with, grow with, walk through life with....and sometimes just to smile and hold hands with.

I had the blessed opportunity to visit with a family friend yesterday - our 88-years-young neighbor who has been widowed for years.  He looked different yesterday, though.  More content.  More relaxed.  He had someone by his side.  His "dear friend", he called her.  I knew she "existed", but it was my first time meeting her.  We walked down the hall together, the three of us.  I peeked over to watch them...and they were holding hands!  My heart skipped a beat!  The sheer innocence of it took my breath away!  They both knew the deep love of romance and marriage from days gone by, but what I witnessed yesterday was the ultimate universal need for companionship fulfilled.  It was precious!

However, somewhere deep inside I knew the scene looked familiar.  God opened my eyes....and my heart.  It was a throwback moment to Trey in Kindergarten....holding hands with his best friend...his "girlfriend".  They didn't know the deep love of romance and marriage, but they both knew the universal need for companionship!  It was precious!

"Above all, love each other deeply" I Peter 4:8

No comments:

Post a Comment