Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, January 21, 2020

"Trey Tuesday" - January 21, 2020

Weighted Blankets

My mom gave me a weighted blanket today.  No, not a commercially produced therapy tool, but an old-fashioned, hand-crocheted heirloom afghan.  A heavy yarn coupled with an extra large size provides a blanket of comfort and warmth that will keep me comforted for a longggggg time!  (even if I want to get up - I might not be able to!)  :)

But it's not just the yarn that provides the comfort.  It's the journey.  My mom gave the blanket to me after many years of using it at her house.  My mom's friend originally gave it to her.  Her friend had made it many years before that.  We are woven together, supported, comforted.  Sharing.  Together.

Too many people today are desperate for comfort.
Many look in dangerous places.  Many never find it. 

Team Mitlo One was created to be a source of comfort for Trey and his family.  How/where do you find comfort?  How/where can you share the comfort God has provided to you with others still searching?



"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God."  2 Corinthians 1:3,4

No comments:

Post a Comment