Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Trey Tuesday - February 28, 2012

What's a cleft anyway? 

Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in Thee

The old hymn brings us comfort, yet why?
What's a cleft anyway?

Let's look to the Source: Exodus 33:21-22
"Then the LORD said to Moses, “There is a place near Me where you may
stand on a rock. When My glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover
you with My hand until I have passed by."

God was actually hiding Moses in a crevice, a split in the rock while the face of God passed by.
The cleft protected Moses, it was the hiding place God gave to Moses.
Have you ever felt like you needed a hiding place?
Somewhere where you could forget the daily grind, kick back, watch Disney Jr. Live, have your picture taken with Handy Manny, shriek at the sight of Cinderella's castle, eat pizza and ice cream anytime of day...for free!?!?!?

Praise God He is hiding Trey and his family in His cleft all the time - but especially this week in Disney World on Trey's Make A Wish trip!

Please continue your fervent prayers for health and safety and peace and joy - they are working!  :)
Joe even had his picture taken with a character today!
God CAN do anything!  :)

And please continue to pray for Trey to be healed of his cancer!

We thank God for the cleft of Team Mitlo One - hiding, supporting, uplifting the Mitlo family in Trey's journey!
 

Rock of Ages, cleft for me, let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood, from Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure; save from wrath and make me pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment