Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

"Trey Tuesday" - September 1, 2015

Leaning

The construction of the Leaning Tower of Pisa began in August 1173.
No wonder the old girl has a little lean to her!

I began leaning early in life.  First I leaned on my parents and siblings.  Then I leaned on my friends.  Finally, I decided to lean on the only Super Structure which will never crumble, fade or age.  God is using the phrase, "Lean on me," in different areas of my life lately.  Advice from prayer partners, devotionals, songs...you hear the message loud and clear when it comes at you from so many directions.

But in a moment of sadness, anger, grief, anxiety, or fear, what does it mean to lean on the Lord?  Remember the Trust Fall from junior high?  When someone stood behind you and "promised" to catch you when you leaned back on him/her - only to drop you....by design or default?
God's not like that.  He will never ever drop you.  He can't.  He knows you and loves you way too much!

September is Childhood Cancer Awareness Month.
The memories of Trey's battle are vivid every time I see one of the gold ribbons of awareness......I've got some more leaning to do....

“The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer;

my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge,
my shield and the horn of my salvation.
He is my stronghold, my refuge and my Savior—"  2 Samuel 22:2,3

No comments:

Post a Comment