Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

"Trey Tuesday" - September 15, 2015

Lion and Tigers and Bears, oh My!

OK, not lions and tigers, but 2 black bears walked very slowly across the road in front of my car this morning!  They were so precious and so beautiful!  Yes, I know bears can wreak havoc but God allowed me to see the gentle side of them today.

In our hearts and minds we remember Trey as a sweet, innocent child...vulnerable, tender and adorable, and we choose to overlook the times that Trey's behavior/charm could wreak havoc in his family's life!

You know, God commands us to love one another.  "Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister."  I John 4:21  Everyone.  Must.  All the time.  But what actually happens?  We imagine the sweet tender side of the nice people, but for others, the havoc wreakers, we only recall the negative side.

What if we all begin to see each other through God's goggles of love?  Angry boss?  No problem - just envision him swinging on the swings like a little child!  :)  Meddling in laws?  Look for the silver lining in each one of them.  Nosy neighbors?  Just picture them as cute little puppies looking for some attention!  :)  *Disclaimer:  I have NONE of these situations in my life!  :)

So through the love and power of God, take captive all the thoughts of the lions and tigers and bears in your life and consider them as precious!  :)

"Above all, love each other deeply"  I John 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment