Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, September 22, 2015

"Trey Tuesday" - September 22, 2015

Gifts

Donald Trump's comb over hairdo is an example of an icon....but let's dig a little deeper....
Trey, grandparents and the Pope.  Now there is a list of meaningful icons!
Webster offers synonyms of "icon" such as image, emblem or symbol

A dear, former neighbor just passed away after living a long, fruitful, loving life.  He was an icon in our neighborhood growing up and every time we visited in adulthood.  I won't see him anymore, but every time I drive past his house, I will still vividly and fondly "see" him/remember him working in his yard or walking on his driveway.

Some of you may get to see the Pope in person this week - even from a distance.  A lot of preparation has gone into your arrangements.  Why?  The Pope is an icon.  He represents love, leadership, and wisdom like a father; like our Heavenly Father.

Trey - just saying his name floods my heart and mind with memories and images of times loving life and playing together closely.  Trey's photo sits front and center on my computer.  Why?  So I don't forget him?  Never!  I keep his photo there to remind me of the good old days, to celebrate all that God allowed us to enjoy together!  Trey - four little letters symbolizing one large life!  :)

Icons are gifts.  Precious, priceless gifts.  Remember them.  Treasure them.
And thank God for them.

"I thank my God every time I remember you."  Philippians 1:3

No comments:

Post a Comment