Family Reunion September 2014

Family Reunion September 2014

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Trey Tuesday - January 8, 2013

This Trey Tuesday brought to you by Rachel - nobody speaks a passionate plea like a mom (or dad!)

Rachel writes:  This is a SCAN week! Trey will have (yet another) CT scan on Thursday. As always, we need to be there early so that he can get an hour of hydration before the scan, while he drinks the nasty contrast juice. Then the scan, then back to the clinic for more hydration (the contrast fluid can be hard on regular kidneys, so Trey's lone kidney needs to be protected). Please be praying for a STABLE scan. NO GROWTH! IF the scan is stable, then Trey will start another round of treatment that day. If the tumor(s) have grown, then he's out of the study and we need to come up with a plan B (or at this point more like a plan H). Thank you all for praying.

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." ~Philippians 4:6-7
Here's my take on these verses....bear (bare?) with me, a scholar I am not. ;) I have read this about 1 million times over the years and it always strikes me as impossible. Who DOESN'T feel anxious every now and then? Who would blame me for feeling anxious as I wait for results that could mean life or death for my son? So, am I a failure? Am I not strong enough? Then it struck me!

Do you see the word 'but' in there? To me, that changes the whole thing! To me, it says 'try not to be anxious, but when you are, make sure you talk to Me about it.'

And the word 'guard'...this verse doesn't say that all of a sudden I'm going to be light hearted about Trey's scan. No! It says that God will protect my heart and mind from being taken over by anxiousness/fear.

Another verse: "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you." ~ 1 Peter 5:7

Again, this verse acknowledges the anxiety that we will feel...but reminds us to give it to God.
Soooooo, I know this is my loose interpretation. And I know we're not supposed to worry and fret, especially about inconsequential things. If you think I'm super way off base, let me know. Thanks for praying!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment